If sitting kills, standing is not the solution either.
Many of us are not strangers to back, neck and shoulder pains. According to some statistics, as much as 80 percent of people suffer from some kind of back problems at some point in their lives. Many of us spend even 13 hours sitting every working day, and naturally the proper sitting position and the work chair play a major role in how we feel. Correct sitting has multiple effects on our wellbeing.
The ergonomically designed seat of the Salli Saddle Chair directs your body automatically in the natural, health-promoting posture. Once you have achieved this, it is easy to work all day.
An upright and healthy sitting position affects the energy levels of your mind and body. As a result of the good posture, the rib cage can expand freely, which deepens your breathing. Improved blood circulation reduces headaches. On the active seat, the muscles in your back and abdomen get a little workout during the day.
On the Salli Saddle Chair, your body weight rests on the sitting bones. The lower back can therefore form a natural curve. The riding-like sitting position lets your back enjoy good posture without unnecessary muscle tension. As the load on the spine eases, the muscles in the neck and shoulder area can relax. The lower body forms a golden triangle: you are sitting on your sitting bones with your legs obliquely forward.
Salli Systems is the leading developer in sitting health and avoiding sitting disorders (SD). Our innovative work and effective development since 1990 have taken us furthest on the way towards understanding how to attain good sitting health.
Salli Concept is a profound sitting welfare program
It is based on science and medicine. It consists of all the parts of sitting physiology that are needed to gain stable health in sedentary jobs.
• Be aware of the potential and possibilities of high-quality sitting environment
• Use two-part swing-models, the seat of which adapts to your movements, e-table, helpful accessories and high-quality height-adjustable monitors
• Be motivated and learn to adjust and use the furniture in the optimum way
• Use sitting- and circulation-friendly clothing that does not press your soft tissues and disturb circulation
• Exercise often enough to boost the brain, energy and circulation: Stand & Stretch, Sit & Swing, Roll & Reach, Walk & Talk, Work & Gym (have some exercise equipment near to where you work)
By adopting all this you will avoid sitting disorders and most MSD, such as back pains, fatigue, and poor posture. You will stay healthier and be much more energetic and productive.